[Click] Building Click in Android Platform

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 21 15:30:35 EDT 2011

Hi Jaeyong,

Thanks for this link -- very interesting!!

I've just managed to build Click for Android in a simpler manner.
Several patches to Click were required, which have been pushed upstream.
  If $ANDROID is the path to the Android NDK, the following configure
line should work:

LIBGCC=`arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -print-libgcc-file-name`
./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi \
     CPPFLAGS="-I$ANDROID/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/include
-I$ANDROID/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/include
-I$ANDROID/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/libs/armeabi/include" \
     CXXFLAGS="-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions" \

LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath-link=$ANDROID/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib,-dynamic-linker=/system/bin/linker
-L$ANDROID/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib -nostdlib
$ANDROID/platforms/android-9/arch-arm/usr/lib/crtbegin_dynamic.o" \
     LIBS="-lm -lstdc++ -lc $LIBGCC" \
     --disable-linuxmodule --disable-dynamic-linking --enable-tools=host

A working build with --enable-tools=mixed would take some more work.

Anyway, thought people might be interested