[Click] How can i relate to an element by it's name in the configuration file?

Xavier Salip saverione09 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:08:11 EDT 2011

Hi list,

How can i relate to an element by it's name in the configuration file?
I know it's possible to pass a pointer from one element to another through
the config. using *ElementCastArg* but this way i need to pass as many
pointers as elements i want to use. So when having a large number of
elements it's not very efficient.
If all my elements have the same name with different index (SOA1, SOA2,
SOA3....SOAn)  it is possible to pass the first part of the string (SOA) and
the 'n' value through config. and then use a for loop to acces each of the
elements?

I've tried with:  *Element* Router::find (const String &name, ErrorHandler *
errh = 0)* to find the elements SOA1, SOA2... SOAn, but i don't know how to
associate my configuration file (.click) with the Router.

Any idea?

Thank you