[Click] Click with Oprofile

ahmed A. amego83 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:53:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use Oprofile to measure the computing resources consumed by
click, but I could not be able find the binary image related to the click
module loaded into the kernel.
When I mean is usually for a standard kernel module loaded into the kernel
you can find the binary image under
/lib/module/2.6.18-click/kernel/driver/..... But for click (the kernel
version)
I can not specify where the binary image is located. I can only see the
click module loaded using lsmod.

I need to allocate the binary image so that Oprofile can map the samples
collected to the appropriate functions in the binary file. Does anyone tried
to do that before ?
and do you think that could be done ?

Thanks

Ahmed