[Click] Cannot compile to linuxmodule

Bingyang LIU bjornliu at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:10:06 EST 2011

Hi all,

I created my own element, and put it into elements/local/. Then I follow
the instructions to ./configure --enable-local, make elemlist, make && make
install.

However I found the element I created could only be used in userlevel. When
I was trying to use it in kernel mode, it told me "unknown element class".

I found my element was in userlevel/elements.conf, bu there was no
elements.conf in linuxmodule/. That was really strange.
I didn't put "ELEMENT_REQUIRES(userlevel)" in my .cc file. And when I
appended ELEMENT_REQUIRES(linuxmodule) in .cc file, my element disappeared
from userlevel/elements.conf, but there was still no "elements.conf"
file  in linuxmodule/.

Can anyone help me with this?
btw, I'm using Click 1.4.2, I really have to use this version.

Thanks very much!
best wishes
Bingyang
--
Bingyang Liu
Network Architecture Lab, Network Center,Tsinghua Univ.