[Click] Automatic MAC address retrieval/access

Markku Savela Markku.Savela at vtt.fi
Wed Nov 16 02:47:12 EST 2011

On 11/14/2011 05:37 PM, Eddie Kohler wrote:
> What you should do is extend AddressInfo::create_deviceinfo if
> possible. This function should find ALL devices attached to the

Thanks, I will explore this... but, doesn't AddressInfo use some
underlying directory object (element?) to store the information.

I'm just wondering, if it would be better architecture if AddressInfo
didn't contain all these device specific ifdef's. Instead, the
elements interfacing to the drivers could populate the database
and address info would just find it?