[Click] PollDevice Driver for Linux 2.6.31+

Bingyang LIU bjornliu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 00:04:30 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm using kernel mode Click on Ubuntu 10.04, whose kernel is 2.6.32-31.

I was trying to patching click to enable PollDevice, but came with a
problem.
The E1000 driver uses a linux kernel structure "net_device". but net_device
is obsolete, and a new struct net_device_ops is used in 2.6.31+. I couldn't
compile the e1000 driver, thus failed to patch the Polling driver.

So, does any one know how to use the e1000 driver on  2.6.31+ ?

thanks very much!

best
Bingyang
--
Bingyang Liu
Network Architecture Lab, Network Center,Tsinghua Univ.