[Click] schedule tasks [ns-3 + click]

Giovanni Di Stasi giovanni.distasi at unina.it
Fri Nov 4 06:29:22 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I have developed an element which behaves like a Queue. It has a pull output which is connected to a ToSimDevice.

Sometimes, when the pull gets called on the element, it returns a NULL and sets a timer which expires after a few milliseconds (e.g. 3). When the timer expires, an empty_notifier is "activated" (empty_not.wake()). I would expect, at this point, the ToSimDevice task to be run, and the pull to be called on my element.

Unfortunately this does not happen. The Task schedule function  seems to be called after the notifier is waken up, but the task is not run. Is this normal? The task is sometimes run a few seconds later. So I have two doubts: is it possible to schedule a task to be run right away (maybe be putting it at the top of the Click pending tasks)? If not, which delay should I expect from the moment I schedule the Task and the moment it gets executed?

Thanks,
Giovanni

--
Giovanni Di Stasi, Ph.D. Student
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica

Phone: +39 081 7683821
Cell: +39 333 6383732
E-mail: giovanni.distasi at unina.it
Skype-ID: gdistasi