[Click] Click support in ns-3

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Jun 1 19:48:47 EDT 2011

Hi Ruben,

A couple integration notes:

(1) Do you think we should keep the old ns-2 patches?  This seems worthwhile,
at least for now, but I never test these patches and don't know how old they
are.  If the networking community has decisively switched to ns-3, we could
delete the ns-2 patches (or, at least, delete the 2.30 patch).

(2) Some of Click's documentation needs updating to support ns-3.  In particular:

* INSTALL, from the distribution
* Possibly README
* Possibly etc/README
* Wiki "Getting started with nsclick":
   http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/nsclick

Do you think you and/or Lalith Suresh will be able to help update this
documentation?  For the distribution files, I would prefer a github pull
request or patch.  For the Wiki -- which should *at least* link to
http://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/index.html#document-click -- I have given you
and Lalith both write access; you could add a section about ns-3.  Let us know.

Again, thank you, this is great news.
Eddie