[Click] Accessing the ingress interface of a packet

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Jan 9 13:55:23 EST 2011

Hi Philip,

I read the rest of this thread but just to respond to the top level
question.

Elements don't really "RETURN" anything.  They are parts of a
packet-oriented dataflow.

The ingress interface of a packet is accessible from within C++,
however.  For the full interface to Packet:

http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/doxygen/classPacket.html

You want Packet::device_anno().

Eddie