[Click] Adding EtherType() accessor

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Jan 3 21:50:49 EST 2011

Ok, I need to add an additional accessor.

We have a scenario where we need to forward a packet (well, more like bridge it) between two RouterBricks nodes within the same cluster.

In this case, we take the existing packet, wrap it in a second ethernet header, and send it from node a to node b, for instance:

clone [1] -> EtherEncap(EtherType, vlb02, vlb20) -> [2] output;

Otherwise, I have to classify the packet, and then use the corresponding output from the classify to manually set the EtherType literal to pass in.  Ugly.

What's a fragment of code that I can use to model my changes on?

Thanks.

-Philip