[Click] patchless weirdness

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Feb 16 18:01:40 EST 2011

I was wondering if anybody could check something for me.  I am running patchless
Click on Fedora14 with a 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.i686 kernel, and I noticed a weird
thing.  I have a config which goes something like

FromDevice(ethX) ->
Some elements ->
ToDevice(ethX);

I noticed that I can run 'tcpdump -i ethX' and actually see the packets.  The
same machine running a CentOS5.4 image with click compiled for patched 2.6.24.7
kernel, I cannot see packets when I run the tcpdump (as expected).  I was just
curious if anybody could run some kernel level config on their patchless Linux
install and run tcpdump on the interface that Click uses to read packets from.

Roman