[Click] Handler Synchronization question

Bobby Longpocket bobbylongpocket at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 14:24:09 EST 2011

You can do all that just by not setting Handler::NONEXCLUSIVE.

If your timing constraints are so tight that you can't allow for the possibility that your Click thread will be blocked by your user thread (which would happen with a spinlock, too), then I guess you need to make a little lock-free work queue in your element.  Have your handler add the description of what to do to the work queue, and have your task pull the description off and execute it.