[Click] ARPQuerier... needs a third output?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Feb 2 14:41:41 EST 2011

I'm looking at docs for ARPQuerier(), and if we have queued up packets and eventually don't get a response from the target machine, don't we need an output [2] so that when the timeout on the first query happens, all of the queued packets get drained out via output [2] and we can generate an ICMP host unreacable, rather than silently dropping the packets for lack of a successful query/response?

Or am I missing something?

We might also want a boolean... that says TRUE -- all of the packets get drained via output [2] on a failed query, or FALSE -- only the first packet gets drained and the rest get Discarded.

Thanks,

-Philip