[Click] Dynamically add/change interfaces in Click config

Shrutarshi Basu basus at cs.cornell.edu
Mon Dec 5 13:42:22 EST 2011

Hi all,
I'm trying to get Click running under the Mininet network virtualizer. Mininet creates veth interfaces when new switches/hosts are added to the network. However it seems that for Click configurations the interfaces have to be specified statically in the config file. Is there someway I can use a variable to represent the interfaces and then pass in the actual veth interfaces once Mininet has created them? I suppose one way would be to pass the config file through some sort of custom preprocessor that spits out a real config with the correct interfaces and then install that configuration. Is there some standard/alternative way of doing what I want?
Thanks,
Basu