[Click] a problem about FromDevice

颜玮 yanwei at bupt.edu.cn
Thu Dec 1 04:24:22 EST 2011

Hi,
    I have suffered from a problem when running Click configuration in
the following simple topology:

    vedio server  ->  (ethi) host (ethj)  ->  client

    I use Click on host, with the following configuration:

   FromDevice(ethi) -> RED(...) -> Queue(20) -> ToDevice(ethj) ;

   device name "ethi" and "ethj" is the corresponding Ethernet port
connected to server and client. When running this "*.click" file with
"click-install" command in kernel mode, packets can not pass through
host at all, while they can do this without click's installation
  so, what may the problem be?Or how can I write the configuration file
if trying to process packets on some midway nodes on its end-to end way?
I guess there must be wrong usage of FromDevice or Todevice elements in
my configuration, so if not, which other relevant elements should I use
to achieve my requirement? Looking forward to your answer, thanks a lot!

----
yan