[Click] igb pollabe driver

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 24 12:21:53 EDT 2011

On 08/24/2011 06:55 AM, ahmed A. wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> Using the igb pollable driver when I assign both Todevice and PollDevice
> to the same network port, no packets are sent out to the network and I
> got the following message from demsg
>
> NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth24: transmit timed out
> igb: eth24: igb_watchdog_task: NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex,
> Flow Control: RX/TX

As far as I recall, watchdog gets fired up when the network card sort of
gets stuck.  Joonwoo should know more about this.  Maybe he will chime in.

> Do have any idea what could be the problem, it only happens when
> PollDevice and Todevice are using the same network port in this message
> is eth24 ???

You are using the recent igb driver that you modified yourself based on
the old igb driver that I gave you, right?  You can get PollDevice and
ToDevice to work, when you only use one, right?

Roman