[Click] Installation problem (patchless)

Felipe Chaulet felipechaulet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:38:48 EDT 2011

Hi guys,
I'm trying to install the Click in my computer, but I'm getting the same error
message all the time.
First, I'll explain what's happen.
I've installed click normally (userlevel) because I didn't know about the
linuxmodule, but I figure it out that is the linuxmodule that I need.
Back at the time I was using Debian 5, with 2.6.24.7 kernel, witch kind of
worked, but I couldn't compile the examples of the click website. Together with
this, a lot of things stopped to work in Debian 5. So, in another computer, I'm
trying to install click 2.0.

Well, I've seen something about a version which works without patching the
kernel and, because of that, click could run in the latests releases of kernel
(like 2.6.38).
So, I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 (I've tried with 10.04.3 also), and I've executed the
following commands (in the version of click available in
https://github.com/kohler/click/tarball/master :
- I've uncompressed the tarball
- I've executed the command "./configure" (I've tried with some parameters, like
--enable-all-elements, --enable-linuxmodule, --prefix and something like
--fiximports)
This step works fine (but in the installation notes, inside the tarball, says
that if I execute only ./configure, this command will tell me if in my system,
click can be installed as linuxmodule, userlevel or both, and I didn't find this
information when executing this command)
And, after this, I've executed the "make install" command and I've got the
following message:

----- Before this, is the part where the .o files are loaded -----

CREATE /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/ksyms.c
  CC [M] ksyms.o
  CC [M]  /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/proclikefsmod.o
  LD [M]  /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/click.o
  LD [M]  /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/proclikefs.o
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 2 modules
  CC      /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/click.mod.o
  LD [M]  /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/click.ko
  CC      /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/proclikefs.mod.o
  LD [M]  /home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule/proclikefs.ko
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic'
../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/lib
for i in click.ko proclikefs.ko; do /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $i
/usr/local/lib/$i; done
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 Module.symvers /usr/local/lib/click.symvers
/bin/rm -f .install-include*
../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/include/click-linuxmodule
mkdir -p -- /usr/local/include/click-linuxmodule
(cd /usr/local/include/click-linuxmodule; find . -type d | grep /)
>.install-include0
make[1]: *** [install-include] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/ubuntu/Downloads/kohler-click-5ed3bbf/linuxmodule'
make: *** [install-linuxmodule] Error 2

I'm executing this in a live session Ubuntu.
So, if somebody can help me out, I'll appreciate, because had been 2 weeks that
I've seen this message a lot of times in the day, and I don't know what to do
anymore.

Anyway, thanks for your attention.

--
Felipe José Chaulet