[Click] IPsec on Click 1.8 leads system crashes

Dimitris Syrivelis jsyr at inf.uth.gr
Fri Aug 5 03:01:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

There is a .click  example file on IPsec:
   http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/examples/simple-ipsec.click
There is also a small documentation on how it is implemented:
   http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/docs/ipsec-doc

  In your config I see that your get raw ethernet frames from
device and you attempt to directly encrypt them. IPsec implements
layer 3 secure tunnels between gateways with agreed keys. You
need RadixIPsecLookup in your flow to define keys and tunnel
end points.
A guess about your crashing is that since in your encryption key
tuples do not exist (they are defined in RadixIPsecLookup), the IPsecElements
fail to retrieve a valid tuple
pointer from the annotation space, and this results in a segfault.

Dimitris