[Click] IPsec on Click 1.8 leads system crashes

ahmed A. amego83 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:33:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to run IPsec (just the encryption-side) with Click using a
simple configuration file, but as soon as I install  the configuration file
and start receiving packets, my system crashes.
also, when I install the configuration file, I got the the following warning
:

# click-install ahmed/ipsec.click
ahmed/ipsec.click:7: While configuring 'IPsecEncap at 6 :: IPsecEncap':
  warning: IP header unaligned, cannot use fast IP checksum
  (Try passing the configuration through 'click-align'.)

my configuration file is as follows:

pd00 :: FromDevice(eth5, PROMISC true) -> Strip(14)
->  IPsecESPEncap()
-> IPsecAuthHMACSHA1(0)
-> IPsecAES(1)
-> IPsecEncap(50)

-> EtherEncap(0x0800,1:1:1:1:1:1,2:2:2:2:2:2) -> q00 :: CPUQueue(1000) ->
counter00 :: AverageCounter() -> td00 :: ToDevice(eth4);

StaticThreadSched(pd00 0, td00 0);

Idle -> ToDevice(eth5);

I used click-align but I got the same system crashes too.

If anyone can provide an example of how to use Click IPsec, that will be
very useful for me. And any help or tips would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ahmed