[Click] igb pollabe driver

ahmed A. amego83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:29:24 EDT 2011

Hello Roman,

I compiled and installed the igb driver successfully, but when I used it
with click script  the machine crashes. when I checked "dmesg" before I had
ran the click script, I found a lot of messages saying "igb_poll". There
are thousands of it written one after another. Another error message ,when I
run the click script, was  " chatter: u/ToHost at 3 :: ToHost : dropped a
packet with null skb->dev"

I use this click script example from click website at :
http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/examples/udpgen.click

May be I miss something here regarding the configuration of click, the
driver or the kernel. Or since my kernel is 2.6.18 there could be
a compatibility problem. I will appreciate any help or tips.

regards,

Ahmed