[Click] patchless click patches

Ricard Vilalta ricard.vilalta at cttc.es
Wed Nov 17 05:42:45 EST 2010

Thanks Roman,

I succeeded compiling it for a Ubuntu 10.10, but I needed to make some
hand modifications to get it running.

First of all, ./configure --enable-fixincludes doesn't understand that
we are using patchless, and gives an error about kernel not being
patched (which will mean we cannot compile click-install for example).

I enter linuxmodule folder and type make.

Several errors appear (I introduce my proposed solutions, don't know if
they are good enough):

FIRST
______

/include/click/config-linuxmodule.h:174: error: redefinition of typedef
‘uintptr_t’
include/click-linuxmodule/include1/linux/types.h:45: note: previous
declaration of ‘uintptr_t’ was here

I comment line 45 at include/click-linuxmodule/include1/linux/types.h

SECOND
________

include/click-linuxmodule/include1/linux/sysfs.h:25: error: use of enum
‘kobj_ns_type’ without previous declaration

I include linux/kobject.h at
include/click-linuxmodule/include1/linux/sysfs.h

Is it possible to use PollDevice with click patchless?

Thanks,
Ricard

E-mail: ricard.vilalta at cttc.es