[Click] How to specify the right alignment

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Wed May 26 05:11:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have an element that pushes a variable length header (which is always
amultiple of 4 bytes)
plus an ethernet header to every incoming IP (from a kerneltun element).

I've modified click-align.cc adding an AlignClass(name, new
ShifterAligner(-14));
for my element.

However, if after the encapsulation I try to use the classifier element
to filter
for example the source address in the mac header the match fails. The chain
is something like this:

Kerneltun->CheckIPHeader->MyElement->Classifier(6/112233445566)->Print()->Discard

Thanks for any hints