[Click] proposition for a tcpipsend update

Jens De Wit jensdewit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 19:00:18 EDT 2010

Hi Eddie,

I'm still working on my FireSim project which you will probably remember
from SyClick. I've reworked my scripts a bit in a way that they can now
smoothly terminate themselves instead of some dirty polling trick with
handlers I used till now. However, to stop the scripts in cases where I
generate tcp traffic with the TCPIPSend element I needed a stop parameter
for the send write handler. I also liked the idea of being able to send
multiple copies of the same tcp packet for testing purposes, just like you
can do for udp en icmp by using InfiniteSource in combination with
UDPIPEncap or ICMPIPencap.
So, I've updated the write handler of the TCPIPSend element and now I was
wondering if you would consider adding this small change to the Click
standard. If you have any remarks, please let me know.

Regards,
Jens