[Click] kernel mode - 2.6.24.7

Mythili msmythili at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 14:10:25 EDT 2010

Hi
    I am running click on linux 2.6.24.7 (source from kernel.org). The
kernel has been patched successfully with the latest version of click. I am
able to run click in the kernel mode. I need to run some floating point
arithmetic in a new element. I see multiple errors when I run make install.
And of course insmod fails as there are undefined symbols in the .ko files
created by the make install command.

WARNING: "__mulsf3" [/home/live/Desktop/click-1.8.0/linuxmodule/click.ko]
undefined!
WARNING: "__floatsisf" [/home/live/Desktop/click-1.8.0/linuxmodule/click.ko]
undefined!
WARNING: "__subsf3" [/home/live/Desktop/click-1.8.0/linuxmodule/click.ko]
undefined!
WARNING: "__divsf3" [/home/live/Desktop/click-1.8.0/linuxmodule/click.ko]
undefined!

I am able to run click in the usermode. I also tried using the same
arithmetic in a c file and loading it as a kernel module. There are no
errors.

So my guess is that click needs to be configured with some specific
flags/options to fix this. I currently tried with no flags as /usr/src/linux
points to the correct source directory. ( I am a little unsure about how
grid elements don't cause this error as floating point numbers are used
there). I would really appreciate any help on this.

Regards
Mythili