[Click] Request for project: click_in6_cksum_pseudohdr

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Mar 6 20:11:33 EST 2010

Hey guys,

This is a quick note about Click's IPv6 checksum functions, which are defined
in lib/ip6address.cc.

I believe that these functions are badly designed and slow.  The IPv6 checksum
operation is the same as the IPv4, except for the pseudoheader calculation;
but these functions do them both, and the "fast" version isn't particularly fast.

I would love to see a contribution of a click_in6_cksum_pseudohdr function,
which would have roughly the same interface as click_in_cksum_pseudohdr.

Any interest?