[Click] Trouble adding my own element to linuxmodule

Lars Bro lbro at pulz8.com
Thu Mar 4 14:07:34 EST 2010

Hi,

I have written a few element classes that I need to run in an unpatched
kernel.

It is for the time being not possible to write a "package",  so instead, I
simply put a link to the directory where I keep my elements into
"click/elements", then rerun configure, make clean and make.
"click-buildtool findelem" correctly finds my elements , as they have for
example:
CLICK_ENDDECLS
ELEMENT_REQUIRES(linuxmodule|userlevel)
EXPORT_ELEMENT(WrTI)
in the bottom of the .cc file

A simple script:
Idle() -> WrTI() -> Idle;

works with the command
$ click /tmp/t.click

but

# sudo click-install /tmp/t.click
/tmp/t.click:1: unknown element class 'WrTI'
Router could not be initialized!

Running "nm" on /usr/local/lib/click.ko shows a lot of symbols including
WrTI,
The .o file (wrti.o) appears in click/linuxmodule
The element appears in elements.conf and elements.cc (beetlemonkey and
click_export_elements)

What am I missing ??

yours,
Lars Bro