[Click] DRR Scheduler

Whoijin Jung wjjung00 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 03:22:40 EDT 2010

Hello everyone~

I'm a Ph.D. student in Korea.

Using DRRSched element, I want to modify the quantum size in each flow.

Look at the drr.cc at below,

like as the following bold character, I modified the quantum size. (500,
1000)

I think that ninputs() is number of input queue, that is the number of
DRRsched input port.

Right??

Because I think so, one flow incoming input port 0 assign the quantum size
500,

similarly other flow incoming input port 1 assign the quantum size 1000.

In conclusion, one flow get twice the bandwidth of the other flow when both
flow are active.

However, the result which it experimented, both flow are clearly fair.

Anyone tried to modified an DRRSched element ??

How do I assign quantum size to each flow??

Thanks in advance.

In the drr.cc,

Packet *DRRSched::pull(int)

{

    int n = ninputs();                 // number of DRRSched element input,
that is same as number of input queue

    bool signals_on = false;

    // Look at each input once, starting at the *same*

    // one we left off on last time.

for (int j = 0; j < n; j++) {

           // quantum size changing

           if (j==0)                     _quantum = 500;

           else if (j==1)               _quantum = 1000;

           .

}

-------------

Best Regards,

Whoijin Jung

Ph. D. Student,

DATACOM, NGN Labs., Chungnam National University,

220 Gung-dong, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, South Korea

Tel: 82-42-821-7795

Fax: 82-42-823-5586

Mobile:  011-9809-2960

E-mail:  <mailto:wjjung00 at gmail.com> wjjung00 at gmail.com