[Click] The most asked question

Ricard Vilalta ricard.vilalta at cttc.es
Tue Jul 6 06:34:08 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I am looking for an answer to this question. Has anyone succeeded in
patching a linux kernel greater than 2.6.24.7 ?
Thanks in advance,
Ricard

On 06/02/2010 06:55 PM, Dishko Georgiev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have followed Click for some time, but recently i decided to
> actually use it. But machine that i've got for it, only run with newer
> kernels, 2.6.24 does not support X58 chipsets and also latest Intel
> e1000e cards.
> So i started patching all sort of kernels with 0 luck ( i mean
> manually patching). Non of kernels are working properly.
> After hard digging in mail list archives, i saw that many ppls talk
> about 2.6.31 kernels, but no1 actually uploaded patches for it.
> So, my questions is: does any1 work on patching lastest kernels and if
> some1 have working patch, pls send me a copy, tnx.
> Also, i thing patchless linuxmodule will have no success, becouse of
> non standard coding of linux kernel, u actualy wont be able to fully
> cover all changes u need to compile with C++ compiler.
>
> Tnx in advance, Julian

Ricard Vilalta
Research Engineer
Optical Networking Area (ONA) http://wikiona.cttc.es/
CTTC - Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia (PMT)
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss 7,
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona), Spain
http://www.cttc.es/
Phone: +34 93 396 71 70 (ext. 2232). Fax: +34 93 645 29 01
E-mail: ricard.vilalta at cttc.es