[Click] Two questions...

Ian Rose ianrose at eecs.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 27 09:58:51 EST 2010

1) I don't think this is possible, although it would be nice!

2) You could use ToSocket and FromSocket:

http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/elements/fromsocket
http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/elements/tosocket

So one possible implementation would be, myrouter1.click:

(other elements) -> ToSocket(UNIX, my_click_socket);

and myrouter2.click:

FromSocket(UNIX, my_click_socket) -> (other elements)

This is using a UNIX domain socket but you could also use TCP or UDP if
you prefer.

cheers,
-Ian