[Click] Alignment problem on ARM

Cliff Frey cliff at meraki.com
Tue Jan 26 13:00:06 EST 2010

> Could this issue be related to the fact that the interface that i'm using
> is a wireless interface running in monitor mode (madwifi driver)?

Yes, this could definitely be related to the issue.  As I said, I believe
that click assumes that all FromDevice elements will always push packets
with 4 2 alignment.  It is quite possible that this monitor mode device does
not satisfy this assumption.

I've realized that my simple router works fine with both Align 4 0  and
> 4 4. So there is a two bytes offeset that must be compensated.

Align 4 4 is the same as Align 4 0... both cases mean that
((uintptr_t)packet->data() % 4) == 0

Cliff