[Click] 802.11 MAC layer using Click and general questions

Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo jrmate1986 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 09:39:00 EST 2010

Hi everyone

I'm a Telecommunication Engineering student and I'm trying to implement
an 802.11-a MAC layer using the Click tool. Despite of the fact that I'm
still learning click architecture and language, I'd like to know the
general idea of how can I 'face' the challenge.

Q: How can I use click to implement layer functionalities (MAC layer or
whatever) as CSMA/CA or DCF, or algorithms like Back-off, etc. ?
Click provides some elements and a language to connect them, but I
cannot understand how all these elements work together.

Q: There is any tool to create click projects? Or the tipical 'work way'
is by editing C++ elements,click file in typical editors (as gedit, vi)?

Sorry if my questions seems too newbies, but I'm beginning in Click
world. Thank you for your help.

--
Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo <jrmate1986 at gmail.com>