[Click] HEADS UP: 1.8.0

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Mon Feb 22 03:14:12 EST 2010

On 20 Feb 2010, at 01:16, Eddie Kohler wrote:

> It has been more than a year since the release of Click 1.7.0rc1.  Therefore,
> I am going to release Click 1.8.0 next Friday. :)
>
> I will be going through emails and responding to requests.  If you have any
> bugs with the current version of the code please let us know.  The 1.8.0
> version will likely *not* include support for FromHost in linux-patchless
> installs.  Also, I'm not sure linux-patchless will work with 2.6.32 kernels,
> although it may.  It is better to get the release out sooner.

Great news Eddie!
Should we assume the version that is in git on Thursday will be the final release candidate? I'll give it a shot on an OSX system, just to make sure OSX is supported too.

If everything goes according to plan, we will update our tutorials to reflect changes in Click-1.8.0 and make them publicly available as usual.

best regards,
Bart
--
Bart Braem