[Click] Port 2 port latency of Click with 10G cards

Latency Buster latencybuster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:16:58 EST 2010

I am trying to convince my professor to get a Intel 10Gig card
(optical) but he wanted to have a rough idea of the median value of
the port2 port latency before deciding on the funding aspect. Since I
do not have such a system,  I am throwing this out to the community
for someone to kindly respond.

Question: What's the typical port to port latency of a device using
kernel Click and Intel 10G cards? No fire walling or advanced
functionality. Just PollDevice() -> Queue -> ToDevice()? Assume quad
core processor with 8G RAM and PCIe cards.

Thanks,