[Click] Counter and AverageConter

rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Thu Apr 8 14:38:47 EDT 2010

Average counter reports the average packet and byte rates.  It computes the
average between now and when the very first packet was seen.  So If you
started your config and before you sent your test traffic two minutes
later, your averages might be off, if there were some packets on the wire
before you sent your traffic.  If you want to avoid this situation, you can
reset the counter just after you start sending your test traffic.

Roman