[Click] Names of elementclass instances in the elementclass

Cliff Frey cliff at meraki.com
Wed Apr 7 12:00:54 EDT 2010

I believe that the config, exactly as you pasted it, will work just fine.
 Specifically, if in MyElement::configure(), you use cp_va_kparse with
  cpElementCast, 0, "MyOtherElement", &_other_elt_ptr,

then I believe that you will see exactly the effect that you want.  When
searching for the element named e2, it will start in the current scope (the
elementclass instantiation) and search upwards until it finds a match.

Cliff