[Click] ExtraEncap/Decap

Nicolas Letor nicolas.letor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 02:57:56 EDT 2009

Hi all,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Jung Ryu <jung.ryu at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me when and how to use ExtraEncap/Decap?  I am using
> madwifi driver to send packets over 802.11 with radiotap.  All the
> examples I have searched in the archive just use wifiencap ->
> radiotapencap.  Does radiotapencap replace extranencap?
>
> Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.
>
> Jung

There are three types of headers with extra 802.11 information: the RadioTap
header, the WifiExtra header and the Prism header . Each header has its
decapsulation and encapsulation elements, i.e. respectively
RadiotapEncap/Decap , ExtraEncap/Decap and Prism2Encap/Decap. So just select
the preferred header encapsulation in the driver and use the corresponding
encap/decap elements in your click script. :-)

Kind regards,
Nico
--
Nicolas Letor