[Click] Script element

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Sep 7 18:37:39 EDT 2009

María,

1:

Script(print $(if_test.run 1),
        print $(if_test.run 2));
if_test::Script(TYPE PASSIVE,
        return $(if $(eq $1 1) "GAVE ME ONE" "GAVE ME NOT ONE"))

When run this will print
"GAVE ME ONE"
"GAVE ME NOT ONE"

2:

By default every Click run uses the same random seed, leading to a predictable
& deterministic sequence of random values.  This behavior should not be
depended on, and in fact I will probably change it today.  In the mean time,
try adding a "RandomSeed" element to your configuration.  When given no
arguemnts, RandomSeed sets the random seed unpredictably on each run.

E.g.:

letni% click -e 'Script(print $(random), stop)'
1804289383
letni% click -e 'Script(print $(random), stop)'
1804289383
letni% click -e 'Script(print $(random), stop)'
1804289383
letni% click -e 'Script(print $(random), stop); RandomSeed'
530300448
letni% click -e 'Script(print $(random), stop); RandomSeed'
618331881
letni% click -e 'Script(print $(random), stop); RandomSeed'
1536646481

Eddie