[Click] [userlevel click] todevice task_run called too frequently

JaeYong Yoo jyyoo at netmedia.gist.ac.kr
Fri Oct 16 09:15:15 EDT 2009

Hi, I'm jaeyong.

I'm using click userspace for routing in wireless network testbed (with atheros wifi cards madwifi driver).

In the configuration, I use "ToDevice" element to send packets to wireless driver.

The problem is as following.

The function task_run in ToDevice element is called to frequently and passes too many packets to the network kernel, packet drop happens at the device queue.

Accordingly, no packets are queued at click queue elements.

I'm using kernel version 2.6.26.6 with madwifi 0.9.4 adhoc mode.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Jaeyong