[Click] kernel patches for non-vannilla kenels

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 2 16:18:44 EDT 2009

Raj,

It can certainly happen that after the upgrade to a vanilla kernel some
of the new and exotic hardware (RAID/SAS controllers) might not work or
can have bugs.   I have had that issue happen.  However, since there are
so many different distributions, most of the effort is concentrated on
producing patches for the vanilla kernel.

Roman