[Click] Weird behavior under OSX Snow Leopard...

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 25 15:21:00 EST 2009

Hi Nick,

That's pretty weird.  The code in FromDevice.u is pretty simple itself; on OS
X it's a wrapper around the pcap library.  There is no queue inside FromDevice
itself.  Perhaps this is related to the select()/poll() problems others
reported.  Can you confirm that tcpdump works as expected, generating packets
one at a time?  Does OS X pcap support pcap_setnonblock()?
(config-userlevel.h should have HAVE_PCAP_SETNONBLOCK.)  If not, can you try
to get rid of the fcntl() on fromdevice.cc:230?

Eddie