[Click] Linuxmodule crosscompile

Sascha Alexander Jopen jopen at informatik.uni-bonn.de
Fri May 22 06:47:27 EDT 2009

Hello,

i'm trying to crosscompile click with its linux kernel module. I would
like to compile for mips for OpenWrt 8.09 with kernel 2.6.25. I patched
the kernel and compiled it sucessfully.
Configuring click for crosscompiling fails, however. config.log reports
the following errors:
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-m64"
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-mno-red-zone"
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-mcmodel=kernel"
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option
"-maccumulate-outgoing-args"

These errors occur, because the configure script passes options to the
mipsel compiler, which are legal for i386-compilers only. I pass --host
--build and --target options to the script for mipsel-linux and
i486-linux-gnu respectively. Configuring for userlevel driver works
without problems.

So my question is: What do i have to do, to make configure use the
correct compiler flags for the target system, not the build system?

Thanks in advance,
Sascha