[Click] Link Rate Information

Ramana ramana.iit at gmail.com
Thu May 14 09:53:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am writing a back-pressure routing scheduler in click and so far my
experience with click is Good.

Only thing left out is that in order to schedule a packet, a node has
to get transmission rate to each of its neighbouring node. I am
thinking of how to get this info.

One way is to modifying the driver to maintain the rate information
which can be obtained of RSSI (and should somehow send it up to the
Back-pressure scheduler element running in click.)

Second method it using the wifi elements such as ProbeTXRate and
LinkTable etc... Do you have any idea on these elements.. Can you
share with me if you have any example config files with these
elements.

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Regards
Ramana