[Click] Possible inclusion of this element in the click source code ?

Mickael Hoerdt m.hoerdt at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 19:31:51 EDT 2009

Hello,

I would like to know if you can consider the inclusion of the attached
element to the main click source repository ? It's a very simple element
that allow to enforce a static thread to cpu pinning when running Click
multithread. We are using that in a project designing multicore software routers
experiments involving a cache hierarchy scheduler.

There was already some cpu affinity setting in the click source code in
the linuxmodule/sched.cc file, function click_sched but it was using
a single parameter from the linux kernel module to allocate all threads
to the same CPU.

With this element, you can specify on which CPU each threads should go
without having to play with userland tools like taskset and retrieve the
pid of the actual thread as you specify the thread id from the click
script.

Thanks,

Hoerdt Mickael