[Click] hashallocator.cc

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 6 12:46:29 EST 2009

Latency Buster wrote:
> Thanks Eddie.
>
> Would you able to comment if PollDevice() functionality got affected
> by the latest click updates? When I create two threads, I see two
> kclick instances but when I use PollDevice() all the packets are
> getting dropped by the NIC (200 bytes at 2Mbps).. I was wondering if you
> folks run into similar problems.

I ran one of my scripts yesterday after doing the git pull and patching
ToDevice.  PollDevice worked just fine.

I would suggest to use a much lower packet rate (10 pps).  Then you can
try to look at the counters.  If the polldevice count is zero, then it
is a driver issue.  Also check dmesg, sometimes the NIC/driver will hang
and you will see messages to that effect.

Finally, did you try reverting the changes to when everything was working?

Roman