[Click] PollDevice: stopped working??

Joonwoo Park joonwpark81 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:37:01 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Latency Buster <latencybuster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am rolling back click update...

Hope it helps us.

> The e1000-7.6.15.* driver that comes with click never compiles for
> me.. The one supplied by Roman is the one that works out best with a
> clean compilation... Let's see how this goes and should help me in
> nailing down the new code that is causing this bug to creep up.

Hm, e1000-7.6.15 driver haven't came with click yet, it's still out of tree.
I haven't tried with recent tree,  but if you encounter compile
problem, please send me a error logs.
Patches are also welcome :-)

FYI, but I don't believe you are testing with only jumbo frame
packets, so this is Just FYI.
Several weeks ago I got an email which is pointing out e1000-7.6.15
driver is not working with jumbo frame packets.
----
from	Kevin Fall <kfall at cs.berkeley.edu>
to	joonwpark81 at gmail.com
date	Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:17 PM
subject	your e1000-7.6.15.5 patch for linux 2.6.24.7
mailed-by	cs.berkeley.edu

just to let you know that I did get this working.

However, the e1000 driver with click mods (this version or another I
have tried) does not appear to work properly when PollDevice is used
with jumbo frames (even after modifying the click code to support
this).  {it does work with FromDevice}.
----

Kevin, please forgive me if you mind to post your email without your excuse.

Good luck!
Joonwoo