[Click] Clicky error

Parks, Derek Derek.Parks at viasat.com
Thu Jun 25 01:33:29 EDT 2009

Hello List,

Problem:

I recently updated the CVS trunk and successfully built (userlevel)
Click.  When attempting to `make clean install` on the Clicky
application, I receive errors.

Quick synopsis:

The errors are a result of an overloaded swap() function defined in
include/click/algorithim.hh.  Buried in the gcc compiler, there is an
ambiguous call to swap() causing the compiler confusion.  I was unable
to track down the culprit and ask for mailinglist help.

Pedigree:

Fedora 9

Intel quad Zeon

Kernel 2.6.27.24

gcc 4.3.0

I have attached a copy of the errors for reference.

Thank you,

Derek