[Click] Click + Xorp

Kyoungho An an2315 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 23:37:09 EDT 2009

Hi.I've try to use Xorp with Cilck as a forwarding engine using the
following the XORP configuration file.
If I don't use Click as a forwarding engine, it is working well. However,
when Click's configuration is added, it is not working.
Is there anyone who tried Xorp+Click before?
Thanks in advance!

/* $XORP: xorp/rtrmgr/config/click.boot,v 1.1 2007/08/29 06:49:43 pavlin Exp
$ */

interfaces {
    interface dc0 {
vif dc0 {
    address 10.10.10.10 {
prefix-length: 24
    }
 }
    }
}

fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
disable: false
    }

    click {
/*
 * The Click forwarding path.
 * http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/
 */
 disable: false

/*
 * Set duplicate-routes-to-kernel to true if the XORP routes
 * added to Click should be added to the system kernel as well.
 */
duplicate-routes-to-kernel: false

/*
 * Note: If both kernel-click and user-click are enabled, then
 * typically kernel-click-config-generator-file and
 * user-click-config-generator-file should point to different
 * generators. Otherwise, a single common generator
 * wouldn't know whether to generate configuration for kernel-level
 * Click or for user-level Click.
 */
kernel-click {
    disable: true
    install-on-startup: true
    kernel-click-modules: "/path/to/proclikefs.o:/path/to/click.o"
    /* XXX: On FreeBSD we need only module click.ko */
    /* kernel-click-modules: "/path/to/click.ko" */
    mount-directory: "/click"
    kernel-click-config-generator-file:
"/usr/local/xorp/fea/xorp_fea_click_config_generator"
}

user-click {
    disable: false
    command-file: "/usr/local/bin/click"
    /*
     * Note: don't add "-p <port>" as an extra argument, because it
     * will be in conflict with the FEA's addition of the same
     * argument.
     */
    command-extra-arguments: "-R"
    command-execute-on-startup: true
    control-address: 127.0.0.1
    control-socket-port: 13000
    startup-config-file: "/dev/null"

--
Kyoungho An
School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering