[Click] (no subject)

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:35:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

I dont have any experience with any of the simulation networks and tools
such as ns-click etc. which might be of use to you, but an easy way to
simulate real-world traffic is to use the FromDump element
http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/elements/fromdump to replay packets from
tcpdump files. Using the TIMING argument FromDump will try to maintain the
timing of the original packet streams.

Drawdown of this approach is that FromDump is userlevel only element and
obvious speed limitations as data is read from disk.

Beyers