[Click] Arp replies getting dropped

Cliff Frey cliff at meraki.com
Wed Jun 17 01:53:28 EDT 2009

> 1. Is my configuration wrong or does some internal switch connecting
> node0 and node3 in Emulab, drops the packets?

My guess is that an internal switch is keeping a mac address table.  And the
fact that you are not overwriting the MAC address is confusing the switch
somehow, or the switch already has a different mapping for the ethernet
source address you are using.

> 2. I tried using tcpdump -i eth5. It did not work as click hijacks
> packets. If I use Tee and ToHost element, would I be able to capture
> packets using tcpdump? What is the preferred way?

Look at the ToHostSniffers element.  You can use it with a Tee() to enable
tcpdump to work.

Cliff