[Click] specify DLT in FromDevice?

Ian Rose ianrose at eecs.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 16 19:36:22 EDT 2009

Hello all -

I am new to this list - apologies if this question has previously be
answered.  I am looking at the FromDevice element, but I see no way to
specify a datalinktype (i.e. the equivalent of the '-y' flag in tcpdump).
  Is there any reason that an argument for this was left out?  It seems
pretty easy for me to add, but I wanted to check first to make sure I
wasn't overlooking or misunderstanding something.

thanks,
Ian

p.s. I am running on FreeBSD, so I am using the libpcap-based code in
FromDevice, as opposed to the Linux-based code.